You’re going to be proud of me. For the first time in 10 years I didn’t take the day off work after the Christmas party. I did a full days work. I was even in the office before 9am. It’s true, I had to make all movements slowly and I did look a bit green around the edges but I did it.
No bouncers / white vans / French bull dogs for me this year. This year, thanks to some very lovely friends I was ensconced in a teeny tiny hotel a short taxi ride from the venue. There were a couple of things that maybe I wouldn’t do again if I had the chance though. I probably wouldn’t have:
- drunk the radioactive looking, bright blue cocktail of unknown origin
- worn such a stupid pair of shoes (who knew you could blister the bottoms of your feet?)
- expected two pieces of parma ham and four mini profiteroles to effectively line my stomach
- laughed at the video some bloke took of me dancing in a drunken sort of way. I would have deleted it…
- drunk a second glass of the radioactive looking, bright blue cocktail of unknown origin
- decided that as my bottle of water had run out again, I might as well drink Jack Daniels (I never drink Jack Daniels. It is an evil drink.)
But all in all, it was far more sensible that last year. I’ve worked out that I’ve had 6 hours sleep in the last 48 hours though, so now I’m off to bed (on tip toe though as that is the only part of my feet that isn’t blistered).
Night night. :o)
Oh dear. I’m torn between laughing because your description is funny but feeling enormous empathy because those things (particularly the Jack Daniels) seem like such a splendid idea at the time but the result really is HORRIBLE.
I could not agree more! I have no idea what possessed me (actually I do. It was definately the radioactive cocktails that removed any sense left at that point…) :o)