I’m terrible at writing these things, but love reading about other bloggers so it’s only right I tell you a little about me I suppose. (I wrote this in 2016 – updates for 2021 in italics) Here goes:
- I’ve been ‘Pog’ to family and friends since I was two years old for reasons that are rather fluffy these days
- I live in Pog Towers, Bumpkinsville in the Southeast of England (Actually, I moved. I live in Our Towers in Brighton now)
- The two men in my life are Norman cat and my gorgeous nephew Little Pea (They still are two of the men in my life, but now I also have Himself, his two boys, Percy, the working cocker and a rather beautiful niece. We girls are outnumbered!)
- My goal when I was four was to be a dustman
- After a number of alternative careers which didn’t include this particular dream, I now work behind a desk in London, failing at being a ‘professional’ (Now I am a full time hypnotherapist and psychotherapist, focussing on being human rather than anything else)
- I crochet, do yoga fitball and attempt to run, doing my best not to look like a three legged donkey. I’m ok at the crochet, but pretty terrible at the rest (I don’t. I ran a marathon – yes, really! – , knackered my knees and now do circuits classes, pretend to do gym stuff on my own in the garage, and walk Percy. Alot)
- The bravest thing I’ve ever done is relief work in the Philippines
- The second bravest thing I have done is to get my scuba diving qualification as I’m pretty scared of water. I can confirm that a full blown panic attack (including being sick if we’re going to get into the details) is entirely possible 12 meters under water. I can also confirm that both the above prove that maybe I should think some things through a bit before I commit to them.
- 2021 – my third bravest thing is to move to a place I knew nobody, leaving my friends and family 100 mile trip away. It’s not far, but for some it’s too far. Sometimes it can be lonely.
- Essentially, I’m a cat lady with a crochet habit who is a bit of a scaredy cat, but loves a challenge and laughing. (Nope, I am a ‘fiancee’ (that is hilarious!), who juggles a grumpy old puss cat, a nutty puppy, Himself, my family and his family, who still occasionally crochets, gardens badly and now cooks and bakes. In vast quantities. )
Things just happen to me and I write about them on this blog because they seem to make people smile. And sometimes they make me smile too. Sometimes :o)