Last week a colleague told me that reaching your 40s means you no longer have an excuse not to be a grown up, that everything starts to become more settled and sensible. I can’t think of anything worse, so even though I have reached that slightly scary age now, I fully intend to remain Pog like, despite the raised eyebrows of people who think I should know better :o)
I have had a lovely week off and can now confirm that:
- I have the coolest nephew when it comes to watching films while others have brunch:
- When you are wearing an ‘I am 40’ badge (thank you for that, Lovely Friend) you get given free cake :o)
- Norman is still afraid of balloons. I have had to pop it in the bathroom so he can’t see it….
- Norman can make it look like he is not about to interrupt the take out curry Sister 2 and her boyfriend have brought over, but actually he is just steadying himself behind the curtains to launch a full on attack on the middle of the dinner table (tikka and korma can spread quite far, it turns out).
- A spiralizer (yes, I am way behind) can make delicious courgetti, but it also results in this:
- I finally finished my most difficult upholstery project yet. And (even if I do say so myself) it is the most comfortable chair in Pog Towers!
- It is possible (but not surprising given the fact that the last week has mostly focussed around eating) to put on 1/4 stone in a week. Next week I will attempt to just eat at meal times rather than only stopping the grazing to eat a full meal. Oops.
- Little people give the best birthday cards. Little Pea chose this one for me:
While Gorgeous Godson drew me….compete with wrinkles and walking stick:
And and his big brother, apparently unprompted, made his feelings on my age very clear…!
It has been a great week. And there is still a weekend before I go back to work! I could get used to this :o)