As I’ve said before, I used to listen to Radio 1. I went off it somewhat though when a dj mentioned INXS and then said ‘if you’ve not heard of INXS ask your parents who they were’. It dawned on me then that I probably wasn’t their target audience. So now I’m more Radio 4 than 1. Only it involves a little more concentration.
I now get eased into waking up rather than screamed at. My morning starts with the World Service, continues onto the news, and then the shipping forecast. I start driving just in time to hear ‘Prayer for the Day’ (do they really get vicars in for those 2 minutes? And do they wear their collars?), and then it’s Farming Today. Then I am most of the way to the station, have started working out my work and meetings for the day and only get a few random bits, such as:
- Beep, beep, beep…and the time is now 4am. (This confuses me every morning at 5am. It takes a good 10 seconds to remember that they’re on GMT and we’re on BST.)
- How long it will be before anyone creates a test tube rhino remains to be seen
- The lovely thing about finding an apple is that you can name it
- Chickens have been known to suffer from hysteria
- And then there is the shipping forecast. One mention of Mull of Kintyre and I’m singing Christmas carols…
And if anyone caught more of the rhino / test tube programme, feel free to enlighten me! :o)