Today is my Blogiversary. My Blogday. My Blogbirthday. Whatever it’s called it’s been a year since my first post. Lordy.
When I set the blog up I wrote:
There’s not enough smiling out there. It’s been said that I can make people smile (usually accidentally rather than intentionally) so I thought I’d try a new way to spread a smile. No airs, no graces, no pretentions. Just hopefully a :o)
I hope I have succeeded. It’s certainly made me more positive as I spend time trying to find smiles in situations that have usually made me humphy.
In the last year I’ve:
- (with your help) raised £273 for the Crisis Christmas appeal
- made cookies for all 112 neighbours in my road and delivered them anonymously in the dead of night
- Been on a date. Just the one. Never again.
- Hitched a ride from London to Bumpkinsville with a bouncer and a French Bulldog
- Learned to make jam
- And sock animals (which then became Pogimals) which turned out to be quite sucessful
I’ve done a few other things too…pole dancing, water aerobics, acquiring a gorgeous godson…
Who knows what the next year holds, but watch this space and I’ll keep trying to make you smile. Thank you for reading up to now, it would be rather a pointless, pants Pog Blog without you :o)x