I am very proud of two things today:
1) I shaved my legs this morning
2) I wore knickers of a sensible size – not teeny tiny and not the apple catchers I accidently bought a while back that are only really appropriate if you are someones grandmother.
Why? Because I spent half the day with no trousers on while people did weird things to my right leg. And not in a good way. (If there is a good way)
It started with a trip to the doctor and finished with an afternoon having tests in hospital. I wont bore you with the details but there were two real gems I thought might bring a few smiles out.
The first…as I left the doctors surgery with a letter to go to the DVT clinic the doctor looked at me and said:
- Her: ‘You don’t think it’s fractured do you?’
- Me: ‘Um, wouldn’t you be in a better position than me to decide that?’
- Her: ‘I think you’d probably be able to tell….’
- Me: ‘How?’
- Her: ‘Well, it would hurt…
I don’t think I’ll be going back to her again.
I had my tests done (and an x-ray as the doctors were rather stunned I’d not been sent for one when I first went to the doctor last week!). I received one negative DVT result, one positive (but not to worry, as that could be due to the trauma of the accident), nothing is fractured and most likely, I just have bruising of almost every inside bit of my leg due to bleeding that might still be happening. Lovely.
So having discovered that, I asked if I could go home. No. Apparently I had to wait to be discharged by a consultant. And they’d lost the consultant. So…and this was the good bit: Could I come back on Monday when they would definitely be able to find a consultant to discharge me…
So daft, you have to smile really… :o)